Monday, June 25, 2007

Pope says he had once hoped to end church career doing research

Pope Benedict XVI visited the Vatican library Monday and revealed he had hoped to end his church career there conducting research.

"I confess that when I turned 70 (10 years ago), I would have so much desired that the beloved John Paul II would allow me to dedicate myself to study and research" on documents in the library, Benedict said.

Instead, Benedict added, "the Lord had other plans for me."

The pope paid the library, which holds some 1.6 million books, a visit before it shuts down for a three-year restoration.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce