Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

desmond tutu hell Desmond Tutu denounced religions that discriminate against LGTB-identified people by making some very strong statements during the United Nations' launch of its gay-rights program in Cape Town this Friday, reports AFP.

He leaves no doubt about his opinions regarding LGTB rights, declaring:
I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this.
He added:
I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place.
South Africa's iconic archbishop is clearly still fighting for equality despite his retirement, as he went on to relate the gay rights issue to his country's tumultuous history, saying:
I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level.